Travel Diaries: Durban

by

I spent majority of my university holiday in Durban. For some of you who did not figure out from my previous post, I am in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend has an incredible job opportunity in Durban so these university holidays I decided to visit him for almost three weeks. Now I am going to be honest. Durban is definitely not my "go to holiday destination". There are a few things you can do in Durban itself and then you have nothing else to do. Apart from the weather being incredible during the winter, I still struggled to figure out what to do during my weekdays when my boyfriend was at work. Lets just say I caught up on a lot of series and re-watched old movies for majority of the days.

I arrived on a Saturday morning and we made our first adventure to Mtunzini. Although we only had one night there, we did quiet a bit. From taking walks in the mangroves, having sundowners and watching the sunset to taking a day trip to Eshowe. Our weekend was definitely well spent. 






The weekdays went by like a blur... With a few beach missions and visiting friends from university. 



The second weekend we decided to stay in Durban. Went for a lovely breakfast at Vovo Tello (incredible hot chocolate). Went to a market, watched the rugby and went to a birthday celebration. Sunday we explored the midlands meander, saw the Nelson Mandela memorial, toured Michael house, drove through Nottinghill road, ate incredible chocolate, had lunch at a german restaurant and relaxed in the evening. 









The last weekend was very special! My boyfriend took me on an amazing adventure to Ballito for the weekend. We drank cocktails, swam in the ocean, watched the Ballito Pro surf competition. The weather was incredible and the vacation was definitely needed. As always in a long distance relationship you really treasure the time you have together and make the most of it. I hold these memories close to my heart and rely on the happy moments when the distance sometimes becomes hard. Hopefully it won't be this way for too long!